We are proud to announce the pilot and inaugural cohort of redefinED atlanta’s, Atlanta Reimagining & Innovating for Schools Everywhere (A.R.I.S.E.) Fellowship. A.R.I.S.E. is a nine-month fellowship that aims to grow community power and influence by exploring the levers that drive systemic change for all of Atlanta’s children.
The A.R.I.S.E. Fellowship was co-designed in collaboration with EdConnect, TeachX, Father’s Incorporated, Goodie Nation and Next Generation Men and Women. With their support, we were able to select 11 individuals who work in industries ranging from education to nonprofit.
Meet this year’s fellows!
- Christopher Andrews, Dekalb County School District, Virtual Learning Specialist
- Pelleo Badiane, Community Leader and Parent Consultant
- Aisha J. Burchfield, Ed. S, Doraville United Elementary, 5th Grade Educator DCSD
- Roderic Hister, Young Middle School, Atlanta Public Schools
- Zaneta Chuniq Inpower, Entrepreneur & Marketer
- Femi-Ama Johnson, Achieve Atlanta, Director of College Access
- Elandas Miller, CEO & Founder, Kicking It Sports
- Debra Nealy, Step Ahead Scholars, Founder & Executive Director
- Cheron Pitchford, Mozley Park Education Committee Chair
- Dana Roberts, KIPP Metro Atlanta Schools
- Kristen Silton, Alliance Theater, Head of Education Advancement
Through this fellowship, the cohort will learn about the history of the Atlanta Public Schools (APS) district, explore student achievement trends and identify opportunities to partner with communities to allocate capital to community-driven solutions. Ultimately, graduates of this program will be able to clearly articulate their commitment, goals and role in advocating for positive change in K-12 public education.
By the end of the program, participants will:
- examine the educational landscape and history
- explore innovation and opportunities through national/regional/local cases of districts reimagining education
- understand the levers of change (people & money, political infrastructure, and ideas & narratives)
- actively engage with stakeholders serving and fighting for children and families in the Atlanta Public Schools district
- unearth their pathway toward advocacy and impact within K-12 public education
- join a growing collective of advocates who are informed, engaged, and advocating for children to receive a great K-12 public education
Join our email list to receive updates about this year’s A.R.I.S.E. Fellowship and learn more about other happenings!