Board Development Program
We are looking for 6-8 Atlanta Public Schools parents/caregivers, alumni, or community advocates to join our pipeline and training program for the redefinED atlanta Board of Directors. Participants will spend six months in a board training and preparation program which includes:
- An application and information session (required);
- Attendance and engagement in 2-3 board training sessions;
- Participation in 1-2 board committee meetings; and
- Informal community-building opportunities with fellow board members, advocates, parents and caregivers.
The program will conclude in December 2021 when two participants will be appointed to our governing Board of Directors for a three-year term.
We welcome you to apply if you are:
- Passionate about educational equity for all children and communities
- Curious about organizations advocating for educational equity and prioritizing grantmaking support for Black and brown leaders
- Motivated to improve learning and social outcomes for students most impacted by inequities in education
- Desiring an opportunity to deepen your engagement in community change and develop your skills in board service
- A team player that enjoys learning and having fun in a community of peers
Submit your application online now! Applications accepted through June 30. The form will take 15 minutes to complete.
Interested in learning more before you apply? Use the links below to sign up for one of our info sessions*:
Note: All applicants must participate in an information session to move forward in the program. You may submit your application before or after attending an info session.