Parent Board Development Pipeline Program
We are looking for 6-8 parents with children currently in K-12 schools within APS to join our Parent Pipeline for the redefinED atlanta Board of Directors. Parents and caregivers who enter this opportunity will spend six months in a board training and preparation program which includes:
- An application and information session;
- Attendance and engagement in 2-3 board training sessions;
- Participation in at least two board committee meetings; and
- Informal community-building opportunities with fellow parents and caregivers.
The program will conclude in December 2021 when two parents will be appointed to our governing Board of Directors for a three-year term.
We welcome you to apply if you are:
- Passionate about educational equity for all children and communities
- Curious about organizations advocating for educational equity and prioritizing grantmaking support for Black and brown leaders
- Motivated to improve learning and social outcomes for students most impacted by inequities in education
- Desiring an opportunity to deepen your engagement in community change and develop your skills in board service
- A team player that enjoys learning and having fun in a community of peers