Director of Operations
The Director of Operations position represents an exciting opportunity to join a mission-driven, committed and high-functioning team. The person selected for this role will be part of a thriving organization and community of dedicated stakeholders acting with urgency to realize equity and excellence in education. We are a small, horizontal and entrepreneurial team whose energy and creativity are elevated when we work shoulder to shoulder together. We also enjoy a diverse, aligned and deeply engaged board whose support and influence make our work better and easier.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Operations must be able to integrate work streams across the human resources, operations, technology and finance functions, and to support and strengthen systems, structures and plans for org-wide operations. Specific responsibilities include:
- implementing strong systems to support knowledge management, remote work, technology and other areas to meet the changing business needs of the organization;
- supporting new growth directives by strengthening and managing organizational systems and infrastructure that can support extended scope and scale, and
- collaborating with colleagues to develop and monitor systems and tools that support effective project management.
- supporting organization wide budgeting and providing guidance to redefinED staff on funding available within departmental budgets;
- overseeing, monitoring, and reporting on budget to actuals, cash flows, etc.;
- developing, refining, and disseminating expense policies; overseeing the process of tracking and reimbursing expenses, and
- Liaising with our parent organization (Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta) to ensure that financial and systems operations, human resources and related policies are consistent and compliant with the Foundation’s prescribed practices.
- Developing, refining, and overseeing the performance review process;
- Building and maintaining HR policies and associated documents to support the team, and
- Building and implementing an org-wide staff culture plan
- Collaborating on org-wide professional development.
- maintaining up to date information in grants management database and generating periodic reports;
- providing analytical support to redefinED’s leadership team including development of internal management reporting and program evaluation, and
- managing timelines for and execution of grants disbursement.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Director of Operations will be highly disciplined, efficient and organized. They will develop and implement systems, structures and plans in a way that brings order and a sense of stability to the team.
Desired skills and experiences include:
- experience managing the operations of an organization or program (ideally youth serving);
- demonstrated ability to create, implement and evaluate systems that support efficient operations, program delivery and evaluation;
- “teaming” across the organization in a way that supports true collaboration and leads to the best possible outcomes;
- supporting multiple projects and competing priorities with a meticulous attention to detail;
- experience creating and managing budgets;
- experience supporting the human resources function of an organization;
- ability to communicate in a way that is clear and accessible, and
- basic aptitude and strong appetite to learn data and technology systems; familiarity with Google Suite office products.
The Director of Operations will report to Angira Sceusi, Vice President – Chief of Staff, and will supervise one Program and Operations Associate.
The salary range for this position is $90k-$110k and includes full benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Executive Search team at Promise54 is managing this search. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit a resume and letter of interest (in a single PDF file) to Leslie Nair, Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2022.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff and contractors, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff members, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Furthermore, as an organization, redefinED atlanta commits to:
- attracting and retaining staff with diverse identities, backgrounds, and lived experience in public schools and the public school system;
- further diversifying our board to include deeper lived experience and perspective from public school parents and under-resourced communities, and
- creating an inclusive working culture that celebrates difference, promotes universal belonging, and fosters ongoing learning and personal growth.